Balance heat & glare coming into your space with glass that continuously works for you. Self-tinting SolarSmart darkens gradually and dynamically when heated from direct sunlight and automatically adjusts it’s tint level in response to the sun’s intensity throughout the day. SolarSmart shields interiors from damaging UV rays while preserving your view.
SolarSmart prevents excess heat-gain and sun glare from passing through to the inside of the building, making occupants more comfortable. SolarSmart reduces the need for blinds and drapes, and will significantly cut the cooling & lighting costs of office buildings, schools and homes. In fact, studies indicate that buildings with self-tinting glass will see an annual energy savings of 20-43%
- Features the “Suntuitive” interlayer that automatically reacts to the sun.
- Darkens in response to heat generated by bright sun.
- Lightens as the sun moves away.
- Provides continuous adaptive tinting day in and day out
- Reduces artificial lighting usage
- Lowers HVAC costs
- Available as an Insulated Glass Unit or as a fully-framed window, skylight or door.
- Safety-laminated and Insulated for safety and energy efficiency.
- Can fit into most exterior glazing systems.
- Wide dynamic tinting range
- Full autonomous – no user control.
Unlike most other dynamic glass, SolarSmart is 100% solar activated. It requires no power, no wires or sophisticated controls. This dramatically simplifies installation, maximizes potential energy savings & lowers costs associated with artificial lighting heating and air conditioning.